Wisconsin Cross Country Ski Trails at Afterglow Lake Resort. XC-Skiing at its finest.
Open to the Public!
View our current trail conditions>
Unlike many xc-skiing trails in the area, we do not allow walkers, snowshoes, dogs or fat bikes on our ski trails. Only skis are allowed on our ski trails. We have groomed our trails 100 times in one season (twice), so you can expect the very best grooming here.
Afterglow's 251 acres of rolling wooded land, surrounded by the Nicolet National Forest, provide ideal terrain for our own Cross Country Ski trails in Northern Wisconsin.
Our picturesque wooded trails allow you to ski mile after mile in utter tranquility. The snowbelt we are in provides dependable snow usually from early December well into March frequently receiving "lake effect" snow from Lake Superior. We are located mid-way between Sylvania Wilderness and Anvil Trail Ski Trail in Eagle River, Wisconsin, making these other cross country ski trails only minutes away.
Experience the XC Ski Trails in our "WINTER FUN" movie!>
Afterglow Cross Country Ski Area:
- Meticulously groomed for striding and skate skiing
- Meticulously groomed by Pro Mogul Skier, Pete Moline
- 11 miles of XC trails on our property. 8 miles of snowshoe trails. 5 Miles Groomed Single Track Fat Bike Trails.
- Our trail system also connects directly with the Phelps Ski Trail in the Nicolet National Forest
- Ski right from your door
- Fat biking from your door
- Snowshoeing from your door
- $10 trail fee for skiers. $5 trail fee for snowshoers. No trail fees apply to Resort guests staying in Afterglow's cabins.
- Snowshoe rentals available (sorry, we do not rent skis)
- Restroom and warming room available for day skiers and snowshoers